Murder We Write

Murder We Write
SinC CCC members pose for a photo for the chapter's anthology

Sunday, February 7, 2010

MARKETING 101

My recent visit to the Chapter was an eye-opener. Marketing seems to be confusing to some of our members and cyber socializing to sell books is foreign territory. With two very strong members of the group devoted to marketing, it seems Sisters would take advantage of our skills.

Marilyn Meredith taught me much of what I know in marketing. Both of us are the designated "Marketing Mavens" for Oak Tree Press.

Much of my book sales come from Internet marketing. My blogs attract readers who want to read more of my "voice." I also get asked to do interviews, invited to speak and make contacts with authors I later meet at conferences. Right now I'm promoting both Public Safety Writers and Mystery Cruise 2010, all via the Internet.

For those of you willing, I would be more than happy to "invite" you to sites where you will get your own page. Had this been available when I began my career, I think I would have used them in lieu of a website. I will show you have to market effectively with little waste of time, how to reach the widest audience with just a few keystrokes. You'll soon realize that most of the sites are set up the same, but they reach a different audience. A thousand people here, a few hundred there--it all adds up. And $$$$ adds up.

Contact me at sunny69@comcast.net if you want to breeze through this. I don't charge, I don't use big words. I don't know what you're waiting for.

1 comment:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Hey, take advantage of this offer. It is a good one, Sunny knows what she's talking about. You really don't have to pay anyone anything to do a lot of these things.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com