Murder We Write

Murder We Write
SinC CCC members pose for a photo for the chapter's anthology

Thursday, May 28, 2009

From Joanie O'Reilly (Jim Murphy's Wife)

May 18, 2009
Dear Family and Friends

THANK YOU!


Today I mailed checks totaling $4203.00 to PANCAN in Jim’s (Murphy's) name. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. There are no words to adequately express my gratitude for your generosity and outpouring of love and support for Jim’s memory and me.

I would ask that each May 29Th you think of Jim and all the others who have or are dying of this terrible disease and do something for them.

I want to thank you for the kind wonderful words you sent along with your donation, I spent many a moment crying because you touched my heart. I hope Jim died knowing how many people loved and cared for him.

I send all of you a huge hug and hope that you will continue to keep in touch with me and hold Jim’s memory close to your heart.

Thank you all for your support for Jim and for finding a cure for this deadly disease. One of the things I read about why this disease has such low visibility to the public is that 98% who are diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer die so the advocates for finding the cure have to be the family and friends left behind. So please all of you keep raising the awareness and the need for financial support to discover a cure.

Joanie

No comments: